Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Caught in a Whirlwind

Okay, so I haven’t been doing that great with the blogging here lately. I think I just fell into a blogging rut, or maybe it’s because I’ve been super busy. Whatever the case, I’m glad you’re still reading, and I’m sorry about the delay.

It’s currently Halloween. I’m sitting in a hotel in Aiken with the greatest mother on the planet…mine, in case you were wondering, and I’m oohing and aahing over Facebook pictures of babies and toddlers dressed up in their Halloween best. Halloween is so not my favorite holiday, but at least the kids are cute.

Where have I been since October 3, 2012? If it’s in South Carolina, it feels like I’ve been there! In 67 miles, my BMW will have hit 15,000, and then it’s time to trade it in. I’ve driven it to Charleston a ton, to Columbia, to Spartanburg, to Rock Hill, to Myrtle Beach, and Aiken. I’ve also been to Notre Dame, but I didn’t drive there.

Regional Teacher Forums have been keeping me busy, and y’all, I really thought that my District Teacher of the Year class was as good as it got. They are really just all top-notch people who I absolutely love, but these new District Teachers of the Year are giving us a run for our money. They are incredible and come to our meetings with such passion and phenomenal stories. I wish you could meet them all, but at least Todd takes some great pictures for us!

So far, we’ve been to the Lowcountry (where I ate the best fried chicken in the world), the Midlands (where we watched a group of 12 adults struggle to lower a tent pole to the ground), and to the Pee Dee (where I felt at home because I live and teach there). Tomorrow, we’ll be with the Savannah River group, and in two weeks, we’ll finish up in the Upstate. My teacher forum regional tour will be over, but I will have met some great people along the way.

In the midst of all that (because my schedule simply was not full enough), I attended the Teacher Cadet Fall Renewal Conference in Myrtle Beach and spent a deliciously cold weekend at Notre Dame. I will write more about those later because each deserves its own post, but I’ll try to do it in a more timely fashion.

My apologies for a post that’s all over the place, but that’s the story of my life these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment